Saturday, December 24, 2011

Island Thumbnails





Here's a quick update with a new technique I've been developing for thumbnailing environments By only using hard blacks and whites it's a perfect way for quick shape exploration. Let me know what you think!

I'm also still working on my topsecret personal project; I'm currently wrapping up 5 to 6 environment paintings which I plan to post all at once, hopefully before the end of the year :D

Oh, and enjoy one of my first efforts in animation; have a very merry christmas and a happy new year! :D

-Edwin

6 comments:

viramz said...

Way cool. Just wondering hoe big these thumbnails are because they look so detailed.

Anonymous said...

Nice job edwin,
Cool atmosphere and indeed good display.

merry x-mas
regards eric

cornelis said...

I think a great way to suggest a landscape or other kind of illustration, thereby to get more traction in the detailing. Great idea! Cornelis

Geoff Shupe - Concept Artist said...

very cool. love the dynamic!

supplements that lower cholesterol said...

I hope you had a great Christmas and a wonderful start of the new year.

RSA QLD said...

It's perfect Edwin. I truly admire your works.